"But What Can I Do?"
Citizens can be heard saying, "But what can I do? I'm just one person." The first thing we can do is begin with plenty of optimism because affecting change and turning the tide is a lot less challenging that you we think. Recent research shows that it takes just 10% of people to adopt an idea to turn the tide (CLICK HERE). Start by studying the facts on your own; don't take anyone else's word for it, not even Orinda Watch. Whether it's Housing Element (click here) or Plan Bay Area (click here and here), or some new issue that threatens Orinda, Lafayette, or Moraga, nothing hits home truly until you invest the time to learn and deliberate the facts on your own.
- Tell everyone you know as often as you can...
- Encourage others to sign our petition
- Approach your City Council or your state & local officials
- Learn the facts on the Housing Element and Plan Bay Area
- Attend our monthly Orinda Watch Meetings to give your input and to stay on the cutting edge (info below)
- Become part of the Orinda Watch Team: we need everyone across all skill sets
- Get notified of City Council Meetings and then attend them.
- Host Orinda Watch in your home for a presentation with friends and neighbors. We're very friendly!
- Donate to Orinda Watch or our friends at Bay Area Citizens who have filed a CEQA suit against Plan Bay Area
Orinda Watch Monthly Meetings
Orinda Watch holds monthly meetings at the Orinda Community Center, 28 Orinda Way, Room 8, from 6pm to 8pm, typically on the 4th Monday of the month. Upcoming 2015 and 2016 meeting dates are:
All meetings are on Monday evenings:
- September 28, 2015
- October 26, 2015
- November 30, 2015
- December 14, 2014
- January 25, 2016
- February 22, 2016
- March 28, 2016
- April 25, 2016
- May 23, 2016
- June 27, 2016
- July 25, 2016
- August 22, 2016
- September 26, 2016
- October 24, 2016
- November 28, 2016
- December 12, 2016
We look forward to seeing you there!